Print Ad Rates
*Please note: Every recruitment ad placed in the print version of Diverse comes with a free online job posting on DiverseJobs.net
In this section are standard ad units and dimensions (width by depth), along with the one-time rate. Ads are set 1, 1-1/2, 2 or 3 columns wide. Non-standard ad sizes are available at the standard column-inch rate.
Four-color ads must be half-page or larger. Metallic and non-process color inks are not available. Placement of the ad is at the discretion of the publisher. Spot color is an additional 15%. Call for available colors.
Note: Rates represent cost per insertion.
Non-standard sizes are available.
- Special placement: Advertisers may reserve the inside front or inside back pages for full-page 4-color ads at a premium of 15%.
- Discounts**: Available for academic meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops, deadlines for fellowships, grants, and scholarly papers.
- First insertion: 15%
- Second insertion: 20%
- Third or more insertions: 25%
**require advance notice
- Frequency discounts: Please contact our advertising department at (703) 385-2400.
- Self-serve placements submitted for print advertising as text or Microsoft Word document will also be posted online at DiverseJobs.net and in the Digimag at no extra charge.Note: Occasionally, the method of binding may prevent usage of the gutter. Contact the advertising department for verification of binding method.
Ad Sizes & Rates (gross)
Column/inch rate: $170/inch
Attention: Now you can upload (or build), price, and pay for your ad all online! Click here to go to our online ad placement page.
Policies, Specifications, Publication Dates
The publisher shall have the right to hold the advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such moneys as are due and payable to the publisher for advertising that the advertiser or its agency ordered and which was published. All contents of advertisements are subject to the publisher’s approval. The publisher reserves the right to cancel or reject any advertisement, insertion order, space reservation, or position commitment at any time without cause. Publisher also reserves the right to insert words “Position Announcements” above and/or below any copy. Only publication of an advertisement shall constitute final acceptance of the advertiser’s order.
- The DIVERSE print and Digimag versions have a total readership of 200,000. The cost of subscription is $40.00 per year (26 issues). DIVERSE is published every two weeks throughout the calendar year.
- Agency Commission A commission equal to 15% of the gross billing for supplied camera-ready ads is allowed to advertising agencies listed in the Standard Directory of Advertising Agencies or members of recognized agency associations.
NOTE: No agency commission will be paid on ads that require typesetting, illustrations or other services from DIVERSE. Credit is subject to approval. Payment is due 30 days from the date of invoice. Invoices 60 days past due are not commissionable. In multiple discount situations, only the highest discount will apply.
- Advertising deadline Deadline for advertising is on Thursday, 21 days prior to issue date. Cancellations or changes in orders must be received in writing by the closing date. No cancellations or changes accepted after the closing date. Please note that some issues are subject to early deadlines. Please see Editorial Calendar for more information.
10520 Warwick Avenue, Suite B-8, Fairfax, VA 22030-3136
Tel: (703) 385-2400 • Fax: (703) 385-1839
- Page Specifications
- Publication trim size: 8.375″ x 10.875”
- Type page size: 7.375” wide, 9.875”.
- Bleed Dimensions and charges: Bleeds are accepted for Full-Page Spread (17.2” x 11.375”) and Full-Page (8.85” x 11.375”) ads. Gutter: 1” Note: In ads that bleed into gutters, vital advertising matter should be kept within a width of 7.375” to allow for variations in folding.
- Screen: 133-line screen.
- Binding: Saddle-stitch or Perfect bind
- Color: 4-color and 2-color
- Alterations Charges: $65.00/hour.
- Electronic Files
- Via E-mail: Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the advertiser’s name in the subject line. Also include the name of a contact person, phone number and address. Logos and images included in the advertisement should be in line-art mode and 1200 dpi .TIF format. Photographs should be in either grayscale or CMYK mode and at least 300 dpi as .TIF or .EPS formats.
- Via Disk or Other Removable Media: These are accepted with fonts, original layout document and images included. Mac and PC platforms are accepted. Logos and images other than photographs included in the advertisement should be in line art mode and 1200 dpi .TIF format. Photographs should be in either grayscale or CMYK mode and at least 300 dpi as .TIF or .EPS formats.
- Supported Applications: QuarkXpress, Macromedia Freehand, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat. Acrobat files should be optimized for high-resolution printing.
- PUBLICATION DATES/DEADLINES**
In a hurry to place an ad? Now you can upload (or build), price, and pay for your ad all online! Click here to go to our online ad placement page.