Diverse: Issues In Higher Education is accepting nominations for the annual Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholars Awards. All nomination forms must be received by February 11, 2013. Please nominate all minority student/athletes who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a student of color.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 grading scale or its equivalent through the Fall ’12 term.
- Must have completed one full academic year at the nominating institution.
- Must have been enrolled for the Fall term of the academic year being nominated.
- Must be an active member of an intercollegiate athletic team during the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Must have a demonstrated record of service to the campus or community.
Also, Please Include a Color Photo of Each Athlete Nominated. If sending photo electronically, please send 3”x5” image at 300 dpi in a .TIF format, or a 6”x10” image at 72 dpi in a .JPG format. Call for further instructions if necessary.
Please note: For best results – and especially if cutting and pasting information from Word documents into form fields – please use Internet Explorer to submit nominations.
Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar winners and finalists grouped under award year.
All Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholars are searchable by award year, school, sport, and gender.
EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED-TIME OFFER
Exclusive Offer for Facebook Fans: Help Us Celebrate 30 years!