Founded in 1935, Kilgore College began as an initiative spearheaded by the superintendent of the local school district. When the college opened, there were 11 faculty members and 229 students. Since its inception, Kilgore has sought to meet the needs of the people of East Texas. Today, Kilgore is a publicly supported, two-year comprehensive community college offering a host of postsecondary educational opportunities.
Dr. Bill Holda
With a motto of “Emphasis Excellence,” Kilgore is led by Dr. Bill Holda, who has served as president since 1996. Under his leadership, Kilgore continues to promote high quality in all of its operations: teaching and learning which lead to certificates and associate degrees, administrative and educational support services, and public service. To meet the needs of its 20-member school district serve area in northeast Texas, Kilgore employs 254 full- and part-time faculty members and 230 staff members, who serve just more than 5,800 students.